Sunday 14 October 2012

Web 2.0 - An intro in 5 minute


Today I thought I'd watch clips on YouTube about Web 2.0, having done a fair bit of reading and experimenting in the last couple of weeks, and ended up spending a huge amount of time just "Tubelooping"!

Some clips were very technical, others very wordy but the clip below really appealed to me so I thought I'd post it on my blog! I really enjoyed the visual connections it made between the technical language and what the terms actually refer to, and the cleverness of it kept my attention right to the end!






I also found that a line from a Tim O'Reilly clip entitled "State of the Internet Operating System" really stuck with me - "create more value than you capture" (O'Reilly 2010) - as it feels like a pretty good way of summing up the ethos of Web 2.0.







1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this Sarah, it's great at explaining web 2.0 in a non-technical-person friendly way! I think it sums everything up perfectly and I'm actually going to bookmark this as I think it may come in useful later!

    ReplyDelete