Friday 26 October 2012

Web 2.0 - helpful tips

I found this article by Natt Garun today, about the pro's (and con's) of using social media for self-promotion. I felt it linked in very nicely with the area of Web 2.0 that interested me the most, about how to make sure you appear as you want to and the importance of using writing/ design that sends out the right message to anyone visiting your blog/ Twitter feed/ website/ etc. I particularly found the following information interesting and something I will bear in mind when I post in future:
  • Maintain brand consistency across the different forms of media you are using to ensure that you are easily recognisible.
  • Interaction with fans/ clients makes each person feel valued and part of your brand/ company.
  • Don't just advertise and promote but offer interesting and relevant articles/ posts to generate content and engage followers.
  • Check spelling, grammar and content to ensure there are no errors, and check links are working correctly (something I am getting better at, I think!)
  • Understand your audience and what they are looking for so that you can provide relevant content that keeps followers coming back.
(Right - link checked *tick, grammar checked *tick, content assessed for relevance/ possible interest to followers *tick, brand consistency checked (N/A yet!)...)

I realise that some of the above is probably very obvious, and something that most people would do automatically, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on the article, and/ or this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment